Hi, I’m a professional copywriting journalist and I’m excited to share with you my easy and foolproof method for cooking steak on an electric skillet. I’ve been using this method for years and it never fails to give me perfectly cooked steaks every time. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced cook, this method will help you achieve restaurant-quality steaks right from your own kitchen.
- Cooking steak on an electric skillet is easy and convenient.
- With the right technique and a few cooking tips, you can achieve perfect steaks every time.
- Follow this recipe for the best steak specifically designed for cooking on an electric skillet.
Electric Skillet Cooking Tips
When it comes to cooking steak on an electric skillet, there are a few things you need to keep in mind to ensure your steak is cooked to perfection. Here are my top electric skillet cooking tips:
- Preheat the skillet: Always preheat your electric skillet before adding the steak. This will help to create a delicious crust on the outside of the steak.
- Use the right temperature: Different cuts of steak require different cooking temperatures. For example, a ribeye steak should be cooked at a higher temperature than a filet mignon. Refer to a temperature guide to ensure your steak is cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- Don’t overcrowd the skillet: Make sure there is enough space between each steak in the skillet. Overcrowding the skillet can cause the temperature to drop and can result in uneven cooking.
- Season the steak well: Use plenty of salt and pepper to season the steak before cooking. You can also add other seasonings, such as garlic powder or thyme, to enhance the flavor.
- Baste the steak: Basting the steak with butter or oil while cooking will keep it moist and add additional flavor.
- Let the steak rest: After cooking, let the steak rest for a few minutes before slicing. This allows the juices to distribute throughout the steak and ensures a juicy bite every time.
Electric Skillet Cooking Tips – Additional Notes
By following these electric skillet cooking tips, you can create a delicious and juicy steak every time you cook on your electric skillet. Don’t forget to experiment with different seasonings and cooking times to find your perfect steak recipe!
The Best Steak Recipe for Electric Skillet
When it comes to cooking steak on an electric skillet, the most important thing is to achieve a perfect sear on the outside while keeping the inside juicy and tender. Here’s my foolproof method for cooking the best steak on electric skillet:
|Steak (Ribeye, T-Bone, Sirloin, or your preferred cut)
|2 pieces, 1 1/2 inch thick
|Salt and pepper
- Take the steaks out of the fridge and let them come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. This will allow them to cook evenly.
- Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat up your electric skillet to high heat and add olive oil.
- When the skillet is hot, carefully place the steaks on it using tongs.
- Sear the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side, until you get a nice brown crust.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add garlic, thyme, and butter to the skillet.
- Using a spoon, baste the steaks with the butter and herb mixture for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Check the temperature of the steak using a meat thermometer. For medium-rare, it should be around 135°F; for medium, it should be around 145°F.
- Remove the steaks from the skillet and let them rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
And there you have it, a perfectly cooked steak on your electric skillet! It’s important to note that the cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of your steak, so always use a meat thermometer to ensure it’s cooked to your preference. Experiment with different seasoning and cuts of steak to find your favorite combination. Enjoy!
The Perfect Steak on Electric Skillet
When it comes to cooking steak on an electric skillet, the key is to achieve a perfect sear on the outside while keeping the inside tender and juicy. Here are my top techniques and tips for getting that perfect steak.
1. Let Your Steak Reach Room Temperature
Before cooking, let your steak rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes. This allows it to cook more evenly and prevents it from being tough.
2. Preheat Your Electric Skillet
Make sure your electric skillet is preheated to the right temperature before adding your steak. This will help to achieve a perfect sear. I recommend heating it to around 400°F for a medium-rare steak.
3. Use the Right Oil
Choose an oil with a high smoke point, like canola or avocado oil, as they don’t burn easily. Add a thin layer of oil to your skillet before cooking your steak.
4. Sear Your Steak
Once your skillet is hot, add your steak and let it sear. Don’t move the steak around, let it sit for about 3-4 minutes on one side, until it has a golden brown crust. Then, flip and let it sear for another 3-4 minutes on the other side.
5. Baste Your Steak
To make your steak even more flavorful and juicy, baste it with butter, garlic, and thyme. Spoon the melted butter over the steak as it cooks, for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
6. Use a Meat Thermometer
For perfect steak, use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of your steak. Insert it into the thickest part of the steak, without touching the bone. For a medium-rare steak, aim for a temperature of 135°F.
7. Let Your Steak Rest
Once your steak reaches the desired temperature, remove it from the skillet and let it rest for about 5-10 minutes. This allows the juices to distribute evenly throughout the steak, making it more tender and juicy.
There you have it – my top tips for achieving the perfect steak on an electric skillet. Follow these techniques and tips, and you’ll be sure to impress your dinner guests with delicious and juicy steaks.
The Perfect Electric Skillet Steak Recipe
If you want to cook the best steak on your electric skillet, look no further! Follow this easy recipe, and you’ll have delicious, restaurant-quality steaks in no time.
- 2 steaks (ribeye, T-bone, or sirloin)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Take the steaks out of the fridge and bring them to room temperature. This will help them cook evenly.
2. Preheat your electric skillet to 400°F and add the olive oil.
3. Add the minced garlic and rosemary to the skillet and let them cook for about a minute until fragrant.
4. Season the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides.
5. Add the steaks to the skillet and let them cook for about 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare. If you prefer a different level of doneness, adjust the cooking time accordingly:
- Rare: 2-3 minutes per side
- Medium: 6-7 minutes per side
- Well-done: 8-10 minutes per side
6. Baste the steaks with the garlic and rosemary oil while they cook to add extra flavor.
7. Once the steaks are cooked to your liking, remove them from the skillet and let them rest for 5-10 minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute and makes the steaks more tender.
8. Slice the steaks against the grain, and serve them hot with your favorite sides.
There you have it, the perfect electric skillet steak recipe! With a few simple ingredients and some basic cooking tips, you can enjoy a delicious steak dinner right from your kitchen.
Q: Can I use any type of steak for cooking on an electric skillet?
A: Yes, you can use any type of steak for cooking on an electric skillet. However, thicker cuts like ribeye or New York strip tend to work best as they are more forgiving and easier to cook to the desired level of doneness.
Q: Do I need to preheat the electric skillet before cooking the steak?
A: Yes, it is recommended to preheat the electric skillet before cooking the steak. Preheating ensures even cooking and helps in achieving a nice sear on the steak.
Q: How long should I cook the steak on an electric skillet?
A: The cooking time depends on the thickness of the steak and the level of doneness you prefer. As a general guideline, for a medium-rare steak, cook it for about 3-4 minutes per side. Adjust the cooking time accordingly for your desired level of doneness.
Q: What seasoning should I use for my steak cooked on an electric skillet?
A: You can season your steak with simple salt and pepper or use your favorite steak seasoning blend. Just make sure to season both sides of the steak evenly before cooking.
Q: Should I let the steak rest after cooking it on an electric skillet?
A: Yes, it is important to let the steak rest for a few minutes after cooking it on an electric skillet. This allows the juices to redistribute and results in a more tender and flavorful steak.